Sunday 1 November 2009

Super Fun Halloween




Hi!
Whoa - talk about no life for ten days then going for it!

Friday morning was Spencer's school parade. He finally decided on being Superman. Here is in with some of his school classmates.

I had a girls night in town which was crazy fun. It was my first drink in two weeks after the 'Cleanse'. We had a party at Bumble and Bumble, dinner at Pastis, then a party in Greenpoint. I told Joe I would be home at 10ish.. It ended up being 145am... Then Spencer decided that 6am would be 'Wake Up Time' the next day, so how can I say.... 'torture'... To be be fair Joe did offer to get up with the kids, but I knew we had so much to do that further sleep was out of the question.

Which leads me to Halloween day. After a mad jaunt to my local farmers market (which annoyingly just moved from my side of the park to the complete opposite), I struggled back to the apartment with so much crapola, I had to stop about four times to catch my breath. I was rewarded however with a really fun lunch with my friend James and his brother Spencer at Gemma in town. They were both running in the NY marathon so wanted to give them some pre-support. James is one of England's most delightful, charming men, and it's always super fun catching up with him.

A quick dash back to Brooklyn for trick or treat with Spencer and his two best friends, Charlie and Denim.

Spencer decided his daddy should dress up as 'Shrek'. Here is Joe, the good sport.




Here they are ripping off graffiti on the trick or treat route. It wasn't on the agenda, but they all seemed to take great pleasure in it.






Me and the mum's took great pleasure in having a beer at the local beer garden where we all ended up. I am so thrilled that Spencer's two best friends have the coolest mum's (actually all his class seems to have pretty cool parents so we lucked out) -here we are after a beer or three..

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ris

    Must say suits Joe the Shrek Luck, boy has he piled on the pounds!!! Glad Halloween went well. We had a great time and I will tell you all about our surprise trick or treaters; the best one we have ever had!!

    ReplyDelete