Saturday 8 May 2010

New York - this is why I Love it


I miss London.. I really, truly do.. It's where I was born, where I feel my blood flows more freely, where my heart pumps faster, but I have to admit... that New York, is a close second and maybe that's where I'm am, and clearly meant to be...Those of you that know me, know my checkered dating history in NY and may beg to differ...!!!

For instance, on Tuesday, I found myself with no kids for the day and Joe's job got (unfortunately) cancelled.. So we decided to have a last minute date. I fancied Greek food but didn't want to go into Manhattan... I broke out Zagats (much to Joe's dismay) and decided we would have a date at 'Taverna Kyclades' in Astoria, Queens... WHAT AN EXPERIENCE!! First of all, this is what I LOVE about NY.. You can wake up and say.. 'I want.. Greek, Indian, Korean, Italian, Spanish, Swiss, Tibetan... etc, etc... and you can GET IT, within 20 minutes and it's guaranteed to be 'amazing' due to the melting pot that is NYC!! I digress (what's new!) and let me tell you, it was a great, culinary experience and forget Manhattan, Queens has equally impressive restaurants for half the price.. We had the meal of a life time, in fact, a butterfly descended on Joe's head during lunch and wouldn't leave!! We thought it was as omen, but we are still waiting to see what that omen was!!

No comments:

Post a Comment