Friday 30 April 2010

Wake Up Call

So I had a bit of a wake up call yesterday. I was so mad at myself because even though I had invested money in buying a 'hands free kit' for my mobile, talking on it STILL distracted me to the point that I ended up going on the wrong bridge to the wrong Island!! Granted, it's an easy mistake to make as with all the construction going on, two screaming kids in the back that were fed up with the traffic, it can get a bit confusing, but I've lived here long enough to know I can't use that as an excuse.

Then this morning, Oprah Winfrey was on the Today show about her new campaign to stop cell phone use all together if you are driving... Today she has decreed it 'No Phone Zone Day' I made a decision. When I go to the movies, I can silence or turn off my phone for at least two hours, so why can't I do the same in the car? I'm going to start from today silencing my phone and hiding it in the glove box until I reach my destination. I have precious cargo now, and even if the kids aren't with me maybe someone in the other car is. I've always prided myself in returning calls/texts/emails right away but from now on, there may be a delay!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment