Friday 30 April 2010

Spencer turns 4!





We head out to CONEY Island yesterday to go to the aquarium to celebrate Spencer's Fourth Birthday, and ended up in horrific traffic on the BQE (Brooklyn Queens Expressway). I don't know why they call it 'express way' as they are doing construction on it until about 2050 and it's a parking lot every day....

As usual, I digress. I was on a (hands free) call and suddenly found myself on the Verrazano Bridge which takes you to STATEN Island... I was so mad at myself for allowing that to happen (see future blog) but after paying the $11 toll to go over the bridge decided to see what there was to do in Staten Island instead.

We stumbled across the Children's Museum - www.statenislandkids.org and had the BEST time! Maybe it was divine intervention from my friend that had called me for that to happen, or complete stupidity more like on my part, but it was a great find and we will certainly go back there. The kids got soaked in this water exhibit and I had no change of clothes for them - first thing I am doing today is leaving extra clothes in the back of the car! Here are some shots.

we then went into Manhattan for dinner. Spencer wanted 'dinner at a long restaurant in Manhattan'!! He is MY child!! We went to this placce http://www.chinatownbrasserie.com/. It was soooo good. Oh - here is a bit of juicy gossip - Spencer was wearing a 'batman' t-shirt and as Joe brought him in - the actor Justin Long was there (Drew Barrymore boyfriend). he is WAY hotter in real life and apparently his friend saw Spence in the t-shirt and said 'hey, it's batman, it's a sign'!! So now stay tuned to see if Justin stars in any Batman movies - I think Spence deserves a cut of his royalties right??!

No comments:

Post a Comment