Thursday 17 December 2009

There's A Party in My Tummy

I just realised I didn't post about a recent show I took Spencer and his friends (Denin and Luke) to - Yo Gabba Gabba at the Beacon Theatre.

www.yogabbagabba.com

First I should explain where the show was - in Manhattan, on the West Side at the Beacon Theatre which is a beautiful theatre that I have passed a dozen times and never been inside so that was a treat in itself.

Then the show - for those of you who don't know Yo Gabba Gabba, you should check them out if you have kids age 12 months - 8 years old. Their shows are fantastic, and great if you need to shower/wash dishes/gab on the phone - as the kids get transfixed for approximately 27 minutes.

The show, despite the hefty ticket price, and the bloody mark ups on all the merchandise they sell right there, that the boys HAVE to have ($27 for a kids t-shirt??!) - it was a really great show. It featured all their songs, some of which are, "There's a Party in my tummy", I'm so sorry, I like to dance, and my favourite 'Let's get the sillies out'.

I really recommend it if it comes your way. Spencer was too shy and basically stayed rooted in his seat, but Denim rocked out and danced like her really did have a party in his tummy, Luke was somewhere in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment