Saturday 5 December 2009

George Clooney was born for this role

I know I'm contradicting myself when I say I have no time to see the movies, then write in when I do see something amazing, but I had to make the time to see Up In the Air (not to be confused with the other movie I blogged about, Up).

This movie was written solely for George Clooney. He nailed it. It was a brilliant performance, a dull first ten minutes or so, but it built up momentum and by the end I was a blubbering wreck like most movie goers around me.

I recently got laid off in April and it was such a horrendous experience so I could relate. The two inept women doing it (one was so new to HR my neighbour's cat could have done a better job) were so callous and nasty to me that I left wondering if they actually possessed a 'soul'. If only George Clooney had bore the news!

Go see it, it's a guaranteed bet for Best Picture. The performances by 'real' people at the beginning and end blew me away and I was thrilled that they could be included and perhaps gained some joy by being in such a great movie after going through such a traumatic experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment