Thursday 10 December 2009

Curtis Stone flogging Lyle's Golden Syrup

This morning I was watching Kathie Lee and Hoda, (in between nappy changes with Margaux, and potty breaks with Spence) because I knew Curtis Stone was on. I have always been a huge fan of is and miss his 'Take Him Chef' show.

I almost turned it off after cringing like Tiger Wood's mum must be right now, when I saw the segment on 'What men think' (Curtis Stone looked like he wanted the ground to open underneath him). However, I love these two women and Curtis, so I stuck with it, and I'm glad I did! Curtis made the most amazing egg nog that I'm going to try this w/end (can you say 'pissed after one glass?"!), and he then made a pecan pie using Lyle's Golden Syrup. He tried to get a word in about the delicious-ness that this stuff is (and about how he is trying to pcik up its popularity over here), but that's always hard on this show with those loquacious ladies. I have been extolling its virtues for years and make the most amazing carmel bars using it. Here's the recipe:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chocolate-Caramel-Slice-238232

Go to this website for more ideas.
http://www.lylesgoldensyrup.com/lylesgoldensyrup/default.htm

It's pretty easy to find, even here in Brooklyn. I get mine from the wonder that is Fairway in Red Hook, or I rope someone who is flying over to bring it to me. Either way, it's amazing stuff and should be a staple in every kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment