Sunday 21 February 2010

Really good movie experience

Joe and I were able to get into town yesterday and see a movie. He wanted to see Avatar again, I have yet to see it, and yet to find the desire to see it. So we compromised on seeing five movies for the price of one. We went to The IFC (Independent Film Center) to see the Five Oscar nominated shorts. The first one was about Child Slavery in India. The kid was being tortured. I almost walked out as my nerves were on edge due to the spooky goings on, but stuck with it. So glad I did, the other films weren't as depressing, in fact they were all amazing and so well done.

My thoughts are the Indian one will win the Oscar, Kavi I think it's called.

If you have the opportunity to see these five short films (they range from 18-22 minutes) then you have to do it. Well worth it and it was good to escape in five stories for a couple of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment