Monday 1 February 2010

Oscar Nominations

I have no understanding, and no justification why there are nominating TEN best pictures for an Oscar, but keeping all the other major categories at five. It makes no sense to me, but then who am I??? I am just an english mum, living in new york, watching movies in between cleaning nappies, school runs, and fighting with locals over parking spots...

I want to keep it at five, and have a feeling, after this year, it will go back to five:
So, here are my picks for best film: (to be vindicated in approximately 8 hours)

Up
Up in the Air
Hurt Locker (I want this to win everything)
Precious
An Education

If I HAVE to add five more..
Inglorious Basterds
The Hangover
Sherlock Holmes
Broken Embraces
Avatar (only because my husband is twisting my arm for this one, I have actually yet to see it)

Who should win.... Hurt Locker... it was amazing. But then so was Up, but when does an animated film win best picture?? Who WILL win, according to my husband, Avatar...

Stay tuned....

ps - I have to say, I really miss Alison Bailes on NBC every Saturday. Whose stupid decision was it to remove their show?? She was a pure pleasure to watch and we miss her immensely in our household. NBC - WISE UP AND GET HER AND JEFFREY LYONS BACK!!! You effed up with Conan but this is fixable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment