Monday 2 August 2010

AMC and Food Network run my Sunday nights

SORRY KATH but about to talk about American telly...
I am currently ENGROSSED with Sunday night tv over here. It's the new Thursday night of TV! I have no social life on Sunday's anymore.

First of all, they started a new show called Rubicon - people magazine called it 'challenging but engrossing' - which pretty much says it all. At first I wasn't sure I would sustain the brain power to make it through the first episode but I somehow did and couldn't wait for the second which came right after. Then of course, Mad Men is pretty powerful tv, although the current main lead is such a hateful person it makes me want to hurl something at the telly.

BUT what really got me was the Next Food Network star - I was a bawling WRECK watching it where the contestants haven't seen their families in 8 weeks and then get a surprise visit. One of them has a 3 year old boy and when he left her and was crying, and then she was crying, I was literally crying buckets, it was stupid emotional tv editing at its best and tugged at every heart string I have.

I want Tom to win - go Tom!! He is the best contestant by far and he gets my vote. Shame we can't actually vote on it so nobody really cares what I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment