Thursday 11 March 2010

Oscars 2010

kinda boring. I predicted them all.. The only shocker to me was best adapted screenplay going to Precious, but I wasn't upset by it, it was such an amazing film I wanted it to win all the accolades it was up for quite frankly.

I watched The Blind Side on the way back from LHR to JFK. Ok - this is my take on all this.. In terms of 'acting' Gaboray Sidebe deserved to win for Precious. However, I 'get it'. The oscars do this... They seem to award on previous tenure and therefore SB was worthy of this years oscars. But surely... GS was amazing, for a first time actress, she blew me away, but I will never underestimate politics over performance (despite what Monique said..she was right but nobody came close to her this year)

To cite..Ellen Burstyn SHOULD have won for Reqeium for a Dream, but she lost to Julia Roberts (who I saw on a bus once going up park avenue in the late 90's and she was so awful, horrible. and full of herself that I instantly disliked her, although now I think she 'seems' to be much nicer person'...

Anyway, who I am, little ole me in BK.. But next year I am going to Vegas with my predictions b/c this is about the 8th year in a row I have predicted the winner WAY before they even got nominated!!

IN terms the ceremony. I LOVE Alec B and Steve Martin. I even got to seat Steve M once when I worked at Baltazer in NY (so we have a 'connection'!!) tee hee... But as much as I loved 'them' I cringed throughout most of the show. The bringing out of all ten 'actors' and then the bit where they all fawn all over each other pre annoucement... I couldn't hide anymore into my sofa cushion if I tried...

Please omit this from future shows.. I get it, it seemed like a good idea at the time. I have felt this way with 7/8 of my last boyfriends but trust me, it doesn't, and didn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment