Sunday 17 January 2010

Golden Globes vs Haiti earthquake

I feel somewhat a jackass reporting in on my blog on the GG's before the earthquake in Haiti... So here is what I have to say about the devastation in Haiti.. I know very little about this gorgeous little (shared) island, apart from hearing from a nurses aid that I know called Marie, who has a house there. She is my only connection to this. As of today she has no idea if her house is standing or if her relatives and friends are alive. I have spent many hours with Marie talking about Haiti and her home there and I pray with all the religion I have that she will be ok....I have donated, and I will donate more but I still feel inadequate thus far....

Ok on a lighter note, tonight was the GG's. The Golden Globes. My second favourite night in American tv next to the oscars.
Here are my thoughts:

Kathryn Bigelow should have won for Hurt Locker (but how gracious was JC towards his ex wife about it - way to go Jim!)
Sandra Bullock is great but come out, Gabby Sidebo (sp?) for Precious should have won..
WTF - Hugh Laurie lost to Michael Dexter?

The red carpet special before the show.. All the truly A-listers acted like they couldn't get away fast enough from the NBC live red carpet. Those that were FIRST nominated, couldn't contain their excitement. If you're an aspiring actor, you watch these shows and dream about being there. Then you make it, then you get big time, and then, it's like a nightmare talking on the red carpet to these hosts. You know what... if you don't want to act, then don't do it. This is part of it!! I was literally 'sickened' by the behaviour of some of these 'red carpet stars" who acted like it was beneath them to talk to the NBC red carpet staff. Come on!! Don't you all realise you started with nothing and would watch this and wish you could be there??!!

Also, Ricky Gervais was great, American's just don't get his humour. Paul McCartney needs to lighten up!

No comments:

Post a Comment