Thursday 16 September 2010

Fancy pants wedding soured by a theft





Last week we went out to Oheka Castle, this lovely old mansion out in Long Island for a friends wedding. It was a gorgeous setting for a wedding and we certainly had a great time, until the waiter stole our card from the table with $200 cash inside for the bride and groom - GRRR. Next time we are writing a cheque!! The manager was useless about the whole thing and it really bummed us out. I would recommend it for a wedding (if you have a huge budget!) but just advise your guests never to bring cash!!

The 'stations' of food before and after dinner were outstanding. Here is Joe at the caviar station, and after dinner you can see I did some damage at the profiterale table!!

1 comment:

  1. I went to a wedding there and had a similar experience with my cell phone. My evening was superb accept for my phone theft. The manager was useless with me also, she said if her staff found anything that they would return it immediately. The funny thing is my phone was on and I had a strong signal, I used my freinds phone from Oheka and it my phone was turned off. I had the feeling thatthis happened before and that the manager could not be botehred, I offered to giver her my details and she just said, leave it at the front desk

    ReplyDelete