Wednesday 21 October 2009

Urgh - $115 poorer

I love the police force. I really do. I think they do a fantastic job and I love the ones here in Brooklyn, they are the nicest bunch you could ever hope to have protect you. But today I got miffed with the NYPD TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT. I decided to go to Hoboken, and see my friend Brooke and her delicious new baby. After going through the midtown tunnel and cutting through town, on 37th St, I was stuck behind a huge usps truck that blocked my view for the lights and I snuck up behind him, didn't run any lights, didn't block the street, maybe just the crosswalk for about 20 seconds and BAAM, this woman comes out of nowhere, zaps the registration, rudely tells me to pull over and in about 5 seconds issues me a ticket for $115 in the rudest manner I thought was possible. Urrgh. I'm going to fight it - stay tuned and wish me luck! She knew I wasn't really blocking the intersection but she wasn't hearing any of it. Maybe she was on the cleanse too and was as cranky as it's making me!

No comments:

Post a Comment